ChefHero will use this additional funding to accelerate growth and fuel expansion to select North American cities with a thriving restaurant scene.
ChefHero, Canada’s premiere digital marketplace which allows restaurant owners and their staff to order wholesale food and supplies through one easy and convenient network, has secured $12.6M in Series A funding from investors noted for some of today’s most successful e-commerce brands!
The funding was led by Accomplice.co, with participation from Golden Venture Partners, Precursor Ventures and Math Venture Partners. ChefHero will use this additional funding to accelerate growth and fuel expansion to select North American cities that feature a thriving or eclectic restaurant scene.
There are close to 800,000 restaurants across North America.
Up until now, many independently-owned small and medium sized restaurant chains ordered their supplies through an antiquated pen and paper process. ChefHero provides an innovative technology to allow the restaurant industry to complete various ordering services in one online application. Hundreds of Toronto-based businesses including restaurants, caterers, food trucks, coffee shops, bars, and pubs like Flock Rotisserie, StrangeLove and Paramount Fine Foods are already using ChefHero to save time and money when ordering their restaurant’s supplies. ChefHero looks forward to becoming a useful tool for more restaurants and suppliers in major metropolitan cities across Canada and the U.S.
- Since launching in 2017, Toronto-based ChefHero has grown by more than 118% to 60 employees.
- Unlike other major food distributors, ChefHero takes a hyper-local approach to ordering supplies, where the smallest account gets the same 5-star service and pricing as our highest earners.
- We also aim to improve the way in which local suppliers and restaurant owners do business together, by providing increased transparency in regards to pricing and invoices.
- ChefHero was founded by Saif Altimimi and Diego Dominguez Ferrera in 2017 with a vision to modernize the food supply chain. Their goal was to optimize the process of ordering supplies in North America, adding transparency and simplicity while also saving their customers money.
- Saif Altimimi was born in Morocco, studied at University of Waterloo, and has years of food supply chain experience from working on his uncle’s produce distribution company.
- ChefHero is a completely free application with no subscription or administrative fees - the only bill you pay is the cost of your order!
Read more: Here's what Golden Venture Partners has to say about us.